Friday, February 14, 2020

Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

 
 I couldn't wait to share this recipe with you! It was one of the first Mediterranean recipes I experimented with. Here is the original recipe: https://pin.it/poefeuw5ssfmwp

  I made a few modifications to the recipe and am very happy with the results. First, I only used the sauce recipe, not the meatballs. I put the sauce on chunks of chicken that were seasoned with olive oil and oregano and cooked in a frying pan. The original recipe gives instructions on roasting the red peppers yourself, but I used jarred roasted red peppers.
  Here is the recipe:
  • 6-9 Jarred Roasted Red Peppers
  • 1/2 cup Olive Oil
  • 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
Add all ingredients to blender and pulse until smooth. Pour on or warm up separately.

This can be used on meat, veggies, rice, pasta or anything else you want to drizzle it on. Once my chicken was cooked, I poured the sauce into the pan to warm it up. I served the chicken over couscous with green beans on the side. My green beans were a little freezer burned, so the sauce helped fix that, too.
Next time, I am going to add some basil, marjoram or something similar to the sauce. It was really good the way it was, but I think the extra seasoning would make it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment