Friday, February 28, 2020

Feeling Pretty

  One way you can work on respecting yourself is doing things that make you feel good about yourself. One way to make yourself feel good is to do things that make yourself feel pretty. There are a lot of ways of doing this and you don't have to spend a lot of money doing them.

  Doing your nails will definitely make you feel pretty. Choose colors that make you happy and try colors that you may have never thought would look good on you. If you can afford to have your nails done regularly, go for it! Make sure you choose someone that you will enjoy spending the time with and will make your appointment fun. I've been to a couple that spent more time yelling at their kids or talking to clients of other nail techs, than they did speaking to me. (That piece of advice goes with getting your hair done, too.)

Yes, that is a chocolate bunny earring.

  Wearing jewelry will also make you feel pretty. I LOVE buying new earrings! I would love buying necklaces, but at my current job, I'm not really able to wear much more than a watch and earrings. I make sure I have fun earrings, though. I have a lot of seasonal earrings, especially Christmas. There are companies like Paparazzi, that make pretty jewelry that aren't going to cost you a ton of money. (If you need a Paparazzi jewelry consultant, let me know, I know a good one. Their jewelry is only $5 each!) I am always getting compliments on my earrings and that makes me feel even better about myself.
This is my lotion collection at work. The one on the far right is my favorite!

  Scented lotions, body wash, body spray and perfume can also help you feel pretty. Make sure you like the scent. Dealing with a scent all day you don't like can have the opposite effect. We had some funky smelling hand soap at work for awhile and it made everybody grumpy. A few of us started bringing in our own hand soap because the stuff provided to us was horrible.

  Another way to help yourself feel pretty is spending a little extra time in the morning on your hair, make-up or choosing what you want to wear. If you wear a uniform or scrubs, this may not work so well for you. Also, if you work at a job you sweat a lot or in an office that is kept warm all year and your make-up melts away and your hair doesn't stay where you want it, this also may not work. I miss working in a regular office that I could wear nice clothes and do my hair and make-up.

  Doing small things to make you feel pretty, can make a big difference in how you feel about yourself and help you respect yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment