Thursday, February 20, 2020

On The Go Breakfast Ideas

   For more healthy recipes, be sure to follow our Facebook page. I will only post recipes I try and like. I will post recipes that I have modified on the blog.
 We do a lot of day trips and traveling and most of the time we leave really early in the morning. Most of the time, I'm not hungry before we load up in the vehicle before we leave so I have to bring something with me. This takes some planning ahead, especially now that we are eating healthier. Recently, I tried these 2 recipes and am very happy with them as on the go breakfast options. The second recipe is my favorite one. I think I'm going to start making big batches of that one and then freezing them.


Banana & Raisin Breakfast Cookies
3 ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup olive oil
1 cup raisins (of other dried fruit)
2 cups rolled oats

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mash the bananas in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix ingredients well.
Let the ingredients rest in the fridge for 10 minutes.
Drop mixture by teaspoon on parchment covered cookie sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes and then cool on wire rack.


Banana-Nut Oatmeal Cups
3 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups low-fat  or almond milk
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup coconut sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teas ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup toasted chopped  pecans ( or walnuts or almonds)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat muffin tin with cooking spray.
Combine oats, milk, bananas, sugar, eggs, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla and salt in bowl. Fold in pecans.
Bake until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes and then finish cooling on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment