Monday, February 10, 2020

I Like To Play With Rocks


The crystals I keep on my desk at work.
 A little over a year ago, I decided I had to make some healthier choices. I was dealing with some anxiety and feeling down a lot. I didn't want to start taking anxiety or depression medication, so I started researching alternative ways to help. I was reading a book about a group of people that started using crystals for different problems and got curious. I have been drawn to unique rocks and rock formations since I was a kid, so I was also a little excited.  I started doing a bunch of research on crystals and their uses and became enamored. I was definitely skeptical at first and only bought a few.
  Almost immediately after I started carrying them, I noticed a difference. I may not feel the vibrations that some people claim they can feel, but I can definitely feel the energy. I feel warmer, happier, calmer and less angry when my crystals are nearby. I am extremely drawn towards amethyst, especially the banded or chevron amethyst. I carry a smaller sized banded amethyst in my packet every day and have noticed my anxiety level has decreased by a LOT.
  I love researching the uses of all of my current and future crystals. I have kept notes on all of the crystals I currently have. When I'm researching other crystals and get that "I HAVE To Have It" feeling, I will research the crystal to see what its properties are and how it can help me. Sometimes, I don't feel like I need it right away, but I keep researching it because something is telling me that I will know when I do need it. Each crystal has a lot of different uses. I will go over some of my favorite crystals and their uses in future posts.
Notes about each crystal I own.

  Taking notes on each of my crystals and then going back to review my notes, helps me reconnect with them. I may not remember why I bought a certain crystal until I read through my notes. When I remember why I bought it and how it helps, I get that exciting feeling I had when I brought it home. Every month, during the full moon, I gather all of my crystals and place them in a basket and set them outside under the full moon to recharge. I also feel like I am reconnecting to all of them all over again each month. There are some crystals that stay in bags for special purposes (sleep, travel, medical, etc.) and there are some that I don't use every day. Taking them out of their storage every month reminds me of what I have and why I have them. I love looking at all of them in the basket. I always feel happy and excited looking at them fresh off a full moon charge.

Getting ready to charge under the full moon.
  Crystals may not work for you or they may affect you differently. One of the good things about crystals is, you can get cheaper ones to try at gift shops or online and see if they do work for you. Also, Crystals may not be your "thing." Try things that interest you and that you are drawn to. Essential oils or incense may be what works for you.
  Part of learning to respect yourself, is finding ways that help you emotionally, spiritually, physically, etc. Some of those ways may be alternative methods that seem a little crazy to everybody else. Don't worry about what they think, though. I don't care if people look at me funny when they find out I have a little baggy of rocks in my pocket. I feel better knowing that baggy is there or seeing it nearby and that is more important than what other people think of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment