Monday, May 4, 2020

Get Back on Track

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've done a post! I got off track due to a neck injury, work problems and family health problems. I am working hard on getting back on track.

When a real train gets off track, the train wrecks. When you get off track with whatever goal you're working on, you have to stop and re-evaluate what happened and why it happened before you wreck. You may need to make some changes to the track (your goal) or the train (the way you are getting to your goal). Here are a few ways I have had to change my trains and tracks over the last few months.

The train traveling on the new job track had to slow down. Right now, there are so many people that have lost their jobs and businesses that have a hiring freeze due to COVID-19, finding a new job is almost impossible. I have had to stop this train a few times to re-evaluate which track it should be following. I'm not giving up on this goal, I'm just having to slow it down and let it stop for supplies (and support) more often. I have kept taking some online classes that have been very helpful and have also boosted my confidence level a little bit. I'm hoping this train can get back to it's normal speed soon.

The health and weight loss train had to take a new track for a couple months while I dealt with a neck injury. Thankfully, that train didn't have to use the surgery track; the physical therapy track worked just fine and I am back to the original track I was on. I'm not as far down the track as I would like to be though, but I keep reminding myself of the detour I had to take and how miserable I was.

I had started a train on a track to make peace with my sister, but that train wrecked in a big explosion not long after it was placed on the track. I grieved the loss of that train for awhile, but then I realized that train was not on a track with a realistic goal attached to it. I let that train burn up. Thankfully, there were no casualties because I hadn't let anybody board that train yet.

The track associated with this blog got turned into a storage area for awhile. The train sat still and became a storage for ideas and goals, but I had to focus on the other trains for awhile to get them back on their own tracks.

When you get off track, you need to figure out how and why it happened and consider making some changes. Do you need to make changes to your train (diet or work-out plans for weight loss goals, study habits for grade improvement goals)? Do you need to change your track (change the type of job you want to obtain or the company you want to work for, change the amount of weight you want to lose)? Once you make some adjustments to your train or tracks, you start working on your goals again.

What are the tracks you are on (your goals) and what kind of trains are you using (the way you are achieving your goals)?

No comments:

Post a Comment